Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your traveling needs.
Lamas to San Roque – Hike – Camping.
This unique route combines culture and nature. Beginning in the capital city of the Province of Lamas – an ancient town whose inhabitants keep traditions and ancestral customs. Continuing to Chiricyacu Native community where you will learn a handicraft with the local indigenous women, ceramics, weaving chumbes or baskets. The forests in this area are home to breath-taking waterfalls: Toroyacu and Chapawanki.
Finally ending your journey in San Roque de Cumbaza home to the River Cumbaza a great place to relax and enjoy the end of your trip.
•Relax and enjoy the comfort staying in eco lodges – Casa La Sangapilla and Chirapa Manta.
•Seated in the conservation area ‘Cordillera Escalera’
•One night camping.
Lamas – Wayku Indigenous community
Castle of Lamas
Day 1: Lamas
- Arrive at your hotel ‘ Casa La Sangapilla’ in the Town of Lamas, welcoming drink.
- A 30-minute walk or motor taxi to the ‘Castle of Lamas.’
- Short walk into the neighborhood of Wayku, visit the Craft Center ‘Waska Waska Warmi Wasi.’ Opportunity to buy artisanal crafts.
- Lunch in the town of Lamas
- The Chanka Museum – showing cultural and educational – of the Quechua El Wayku community. Art Gallery – Festivities and Traditions, Ceramics, Textile, Fauna, Cosmovision, Antiques and photo exhibition of old Lamas.
- Amazing dinner using the many organically grown vegetables in the garden of ‘Casa La Cangapilla.’
- overnight stay in hotel ‘ Casa La Sangapilla’
Day 2: Chiricyacu community and Chapawanki waterfall.
- Amazing breakfast at the ‘Casa La Sangapilla.’
- Waterfall Chapawanki, short 20 minute’s walk to waterfall Chapawanki.
- 45 mins drive to the community of Chiricyacu – lunch in the village
- Courses in chumbe or basket weaving, with the indigenous artisans.
- Dinner using foods harvested locally.
- Overnight stay in the local hostel ‘Valencia Wasi.’
Day 3: Waterfall Toroyacu – Camping
- Early start breakfast.
- Hike (3 hours) to waterfall ‘ Sunipi Causani’ (Toroyacu.)
- Camping and cooked meals on the open fire.
- Swim by the waterfall and take in this magnificent sacred site.
Day 4: Walk back to San Roque overnight stay at Chirapa Manta Ecolodge
- Breakfast by the waterfall.
- Time to relax before the hike to San Roque.
- (3-hour hike) to the village of San Roque De Cumbaza.
- Lunch in the village
- Relax and enjoy the River Cumbaza
- Short walk to Chirapa Manta Ecolodge – dinner and relax in a hammock surrounded by nature.
- Overnight stay at Chirapa Manta Eco-Lodge.
Day 5: San Roque De Cumbaza – Relax
- Breakfast at Chirapa Manta
- San Roque is a great place to enjoy your holiday the people are very friendly and welcoming. Visit ‘Sachaqa Centro De Arte’ where you will see world artists at work in the studio, explore the village or just swim and sunbathe by the River Cumbaza.
- Lunch in the village, regional and traditional foods.
- Journey back to Tarapoto.