Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your travelling needs.
This route welcomes families with children older than seven. The walks are usually around one hour. There is much to learn and experience with this combination route. You can explore a little of everything Sacharuna Adventure has to offer.
Stay in comfortable eco-lodge ‘Chirapa Manta’ and the home of well known sculptor ‘Centro Cultural Joice V Barter.’ An excursion for those who love to experience how people live in the Amzon Rainforest.
San Roque De Cumbaza
- Visit the home of Petrona Quechua Lamista Artisan.
- Walk to a coffee plantation and learn about the process of making organic coffee.
- Relax at Chirpa Manta Ecolodge.
- Waterfall Huacamaillo (2 hour walk.)
- Trip by boat along the River Huallaga – cacao island – Poza del Yacuruna, Jumanchi springs.
- Overnight stay at ‘Joyce V Barter’ Sculpture gallery.
- Chocolate Route – Agriculture and courses in energetic chocolate.
Day 1: Nature Trail – Tour of San Roque village
• Arrive at Chirapa Manta Eco-Lodge where you can feel comfortable and relax by the river enjoy the many hammocks. Accustom yourself to the intensity of nature, with all its new noises and magic.
• ‘Juane’ traditional dish using a leaf, picnic lunch by the river.
• Tour of San Roque village, visit the Pampa De Los Niños educational park – created for children.
• Short walk to visit Sachaqa Centro De Arte where you can see world artists at work in the studio.
• Dinner at Charapa Manta.
Day 2: Cultural Trail – Visit a Quechua home workshop in basic ceramics and visit Angelica’s family farm.
• Breakfast Chirapa Manta.
• ( 1 half hour walk) Quechua Lamista village of Chunchiwi workshops in basic ceramics, make a simple bowl shape at the home of Petrona, feel part of an indigenous family.
• Picnic lunch in nature at Angelica’s Family farm.
• Visit the orgainic family farm of Angelica.
• Swim in the River Cumbaza.
• Meal at Chirapa Manta.
Day 3: Agrotourism – Coffee Route
• Breakfast Chirapa Manta
• Walk to an organic coffee farm where you will learn about three different varieties of coffee
• Lunch in the village try a vegetarian ceviche.
• Time to relax swim in the river.
• Coffee and cake.
• Dinner and overnight stay at Chirapa Manta Eco-lodge
Day 4: Nature Trail – Huacamaillo Waterfall
• Breakfast Chirapa Manta
• (2 hour Hike) to Huacamillo a very crystal clear waterfall that runs between dense vegetation. Only a short walk along the bed of the river Cumbaza, crossing over the river by foot up to 3 times to reach this beautiful waterfall which has a fall of 20 meters high ending in a well 2 meters in depth.
• Picnic lunch in nature
• Journey back to Chirapa Manta Eco-lodge
• Dinner at the lodge.
Day 5: Amazon River Trips – Cacao Island and Jumanchi Springs
• Early morning trip to Chazuta.
• Breakfast at ‘Cultural Center Joice V Barter’ where you will be staying overnight.
• Trip down the Huallaga River passing native communities along the way visit an island that produces 6 hectors of organic cacao.
• Explore the cacao plantations, brief explanation of the cacao island farm and learn about cacao production.
• Relax on the island beach.
• Journeying further down river to Jumanchi Springs a short walk (45 mins) to ‘Las Pozas Del Yacuruna’ swim in fresh pools and small waterfalls.
• Picnic lunch in nature
• Journey back to Chazuta
• Dinner at Rio Bosque Magico regional and traditional foods.
• Overnight stay at ‘Cultural Center Joice V Barter’
Day 6: Agrotourism – Chocolate Route – Rio Bosque Magico
• Breakfast at the cultural center
• Cacao fields of ‘Rio Bosque Magico’ Heribertos family farm
• Learn about agroforestry and harvest the cacao using machetes (optional).
• Heribertos family with make you an amazing lunch using this organic, superfood.
• It will be a happy chocolate day.
• Learn about the different stages in cacao production and participate in the labour process, learn how to ferment and dry the cacao beans ready to make chocolate.
• Visit Mishky Cacao Chocolate factory
• Journey back to Tarapoto end of your Trip.
‘“Sacharuna Adventure is the real deal!!:)”
I traveled in South America for six months , and when my friends ask me where I had my best time or where I learned the most interesting things, I always answer the same answer-Sacharuna!
I can tell you about Daniel that he is an amazing person, cares about you, I can describe the amazing views and the nature, I can tell you about local guides who know everything,but the simple truth ,the pure truth is that the best experience there is that its the real deal.you will meet real people,that living the simple life,and not those who play a game for your money , simple people who lives in their village and live for their little revolutions : a group of peruvian women decided they had enough of their husbands rules(men works outside-women in the kitchen) and set up a
chocolate factory , or a couple who lives on an island alone and produces by itsellf all the food.
You are exposed to the real culture , out of love and without judgment , and this is why sacharuna adventure is the best:)’