Indigenous traditional practices and cultural pride.
OUR PACKAGE TOURS BELOW
Lamas is one of the most important provinces in the region San Martin, for its great cultural wealth, inhabited by over 3000 Indigenous Quechua speakers and Chazuta is considered “Cultural patrimony of the San Martin Region” because of it’s great contribution to archaeology and popular art, many reasons to be proud.
Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your traveling needs.
5D 4N – Amazon Experience – Lamas to San Roque – Hike
3 Day Trip of this experience READ MORE
Waycu Native quarters – hotel ‘Casa La Sangapilla’ courses in handicrafts – indigenous village of Chiricyacu – seated in the conservation area ‘ Cordillera Escalera’ – 100 m Waterfall Toroyacu -camping – ending in San Roque De Cumbaza – Chirapa Manta Ecolodge
- Day 1: Town of Lamas – Native neighborhood, Wayku – Hotel Casa La Sangapilla.
- Day 2: Waterfall Chapawanki – Community of Chiricyacu – Artisinal Course – Hostel Valencia Wasi.
- Day 3: (3-hour Hike) Waterfall Toroyacu – camping.
- Day 4: Village of San Roque – swim in the River Cumbaza – Ecolodge Chirapamanta.
- Day 5: Day to relax and explore San Roque village.
6D 5N – Combination – Nature Trail – Cultural Trail – Amazon River Trips – Chocolate Route.
This route welcomes families with children older than seven. The walks are usually around one hour. There is much to learn and experience with this combination route. You can explore a little of everything Sacharuna Adventure has to offer.
Stay in comfortable eco-lodge ‘Chirapa Manta’ and the home of well-known sculptor ‘Centro Cultural Joice V Barter.’ An excursion for those who love to experience how people live in the Amazon Rainforest.
2 Day Trips – San Roque De Cumbaza – Nature and Cultural Trail
Quechua Lamista village of Chunchiwi (1 half hour walk)- workshops in basic ceramics – Angelica’s Family Farm – Waterfall Huacamaillo (3-hour walk in total)
- Walk to the home of Petrona experience a traditional Quechua Lamista setting.
- Course in basic ceramics at the home of Petrona.
- Picnic lunch at Angelica’s family farm.
- Learn about a self-sustainable lifestyle, growing organic vegetables and feed baby chicks.
- Walk back to the village and enjoy swimming in the River Cumbaza.
- Overnight stay and dinner at Chirapamanta Ecolodge.
- Breakfast at the lodge.
- The short motor taxi drive to San Antonio – your luggage can meet you in Tarapoto..
- Walk 1 half hours crossing small rivers to Waterfall Huacamaillo.
- Picnic lunch in nature.
- Once back in San Antonio we can sample some home made village wine.
3 Day Trips – San Roque De Cumbaza and Lamas – Nature and Cultural Trail
Quechua Lamista village of Chunchiwi (1 half hour walk)- workshops in basic ceramics – Angelica’s Family Farm – waterfall Huacamaillo (3-hour walk in total) – Waycu native quarters – waterfall Chapawanki.
2 Day Trips – Lamas
Waycu native quarters – courses in handicrafts – indigenous village of Chiricyacu – hotel ‘Casa La Sangapilla’
- Arrive into hotel ‘Casa La Sangapilla.’ Coffee and walk into Lamas 30 minutes or Taxi.
- ‘Castle of Lamas’ where you will see views over the town of Lamas.
- The native neighborhood of Wayku – Craft Center ‘Waska Waska Warmi Wasi.
- Lunch in the town of Lamas.
- Short drive to Waterfall Chapawanki (20 min walk.)
- Dinner using organic food that is grown in the garden at Casa la Sangapilla (if you would like Pizza to let us know in advance) – overnight stay at the hotel.
- Buffet Breakfast at the hotel.
- Chanka Museum.
- The community of Chiricyacu.
- Courses in chumbe, ceramics or basket weaving, with the indigenous artisans.
- Dinner using foods harvested locally.
- Journey back to Tarapoto.
2 Day Trips – Chazuta – Chocolate Route – Courses in ecological paper, ceramics. and museums.
- Welcoming drink at Joyce V Barter cultural center, visit the art gallery – wooden carved sculptures.
- Learn how to make natural paper at a small artisanal ecological paper factory.
- Traditional and regional foods at Rio Bosque Magico (vegetarian option)
- Learn how to make a basic ceramic shape with a group of women of the Chazutino culture.
- Dinner (RBM)
- Overnight stay at ‘Joyce Bartra Cultural Center’
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Walk through the cacao fields of (RBM) learn about Agroforestry and harvest the cacao using machetes (optional).
- lunch at ‘Rio Bosque Magico’
- learn about the process of making chocolate from the fruit to the final product. Taste the most amazing energetic cacao.
- Visit archaeological museum and art gallery.