Alternative tourism to a more conscientious traveler in these four areas:
Visit organic chocolate plantations, learn about agroforestry and how to prepare the most amazing energetic chocolate. Journey by boat along the River Huallaga, passing native communities along the way to an island that produces 6 hectors of cacao trees. Visit chocolate factories that produce high-quality chocolate – certificated to export.
- 5D 4N – Pure Chocolate Experience – Chazuta – Lamas – Pucacaca and much more …
- 3D 2N – Amazon River Trip – Cacao Island – Jumanchi Springs – Courses and much more…
- 2 Day Trips – Amazon River Trip – Cacao Island – Jumanch Springs – courses in agroforestry and chocolate making
- 1 Day Trips – Heriberto’s family farm – Cacao Island – Amazon River Trip
Village Family Farms
Spend a day in a village Farm, learn about growing organic food and the many medicinal plants growing wild in the jungle. See how it is to live a self-sustainable lifestyle.
•Angelica’s Family Farm – chickens and organic vegetable garden.
•Magay’s Family Farm – Hike – Ecological Viewpoints – Coffee plantations.
•Ediberto’s Family Farm – one hour walk – courses in chocolate making.
The most important part of organic Agriculture is the production of rich, black soil. Sacharuna offers courses through project ‘sachamama,’ in a Pre-Columbian method called ‘Tierra Preta Del Indio,’ soil that stays fertile forever.
Adventure tours – through a relatively unexplored rainforest, passing indigenous communities along the way. Waterfalls including 100m Toroyacu, Tununtunumba and Huacamaillo, hiking, camping, swimming in river pools, sulphur springs, journeys by boat along the River Huallaga, a sculpture trail leading to lookout point – ‘Cordillera Escalera’ national park and much more.
Picnics and short walks for the whole family!
San Roque De Cumbaza
- 6D 5N – Indulgence into Nature – Walking Route (short walks) – Families- San Roque De Cumbaza and Chazuta
- 5D 4N – Amazon Experience – Cultural Trail – Lamas to San Roque – Hike
- 3 Day Trips – Pure Nature 100 m waterfall Toroyacu – in the conservation area ‘ Cordillera Escalera’ – San Roque De Cumbaza – Hike
- 2 Day Trips – San Roque De Cumbaza – 100m waterfall Toroyacu – natural phenomenon ‘Hatun-Rumi ‘Big Rock’ – in the conservation area ‘ Cordillera Escalera’
- 2 Day Trips – Chazuta Nature Trail – Waterfall Tununtunumba (3 hour hike) – chocolate course – sulphur springs (2 hour hike)
Experience native communities of the Quechua Lamista and Chazutino cultures. Sacharuna Adventure – offers trips to indigenous communities where you can visit: museums, take part in local festivals, learn from indigenous artisans and experience traditional and regional cuisine.
Lamas is one of the most important provinces in the region San Martin, for its great cultural wealth, inhabited by over 3000 Indigenous Quechua speakers.
- 5D 4N – Amazon Experience – Lamas to San Roque – hike – camping.
- 6D 5N – Combination – Nature Trail – Cultural Trail – Amazon River Trips – Chocolate Route.
- 3 Day Trips – San Roque De Cumbaza and Lamas – Nature and Cultural Trail
- 2 Day Trips – Lamas – Waycu native quarters – courses in handicrafts – indigenous village of Chiricyacu – hotel ‘Casa La Sangapilla’
Courses in ceramics and ecological paper. There are some really interesting museums showcasing pre-Inca funerary urns and the Joyce V Barter cultural center.
- 2 Day Trips – Chazuta – Chocolate Route – Courses in ecological paper, ceramics. and museums.
San Roque De Cumbaza
- 2 Day Trips – Quechua Lamista village of Chunchiwi (1 half hour walk)- workshops in basic ceramics or chumbe weaving – Angelica’s Family Farm – Waterfall Huacamaillo (3-hour walk in total)
Learn directly from indigenous artisans how to make ceramic bowls, weave chumbes ( a colorful belt with many ancient symbols,) weave a basket and make ecological paper from the banana tree.
Amazon River Trips
Sacharuna offers trips to indigenous communities where you can visit; museums, take part in local festivals, learn from indigenous artisans and experience traditional and regional cuisine.
- Nature Trail – Chazuta – Jumanchi Springs – Cacao Island – one hour walk